24.1.07

The Greatest Blessing














"It is one of the blessings of o
ld friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I consider one of the greatest blessings in life to be friendship. I have been blessed to come into contact with so many wonderful people over the course of my life, and beyond that I have been blessed to call many of them my close and dear friends. There are many different kinds of friends...From ones that you see regularly, to ones that you may go months without speaking with, and yet when you do, it is as if you had just spoken the day before. From dear, close friends who are merely separated by distance, to acquaintances that grow and blossom into beautiful friendships.

As we walk through this life friends are one of the greatest gifts the Lord can give us. People to laugh and cry with, hope with, mourn with, have faith with...people for us to have, so we can encourage each other in our walk.



As Emerson states with friends we, "can afford to be stupid with them," which I consider one of the greatest blessings of all. Because, to be stupid with a person does not just mean that you are "senseless" it means that you can be yourself, there are no boundaries, you're allowed to throw caution to the wind and truly be you (which does, as you can see in a couple of the pictures does mean a bit of senseless fun). One of my favorite quotes on friendship is by C.S. Lewis, "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What?! You Too?! I thought I was the only one.'"



I am blessed, blessed to have so many friends. Friends to learn from, walk with, and love.





Unfortunately...I didn't have pictures of everyone...but I love you all!



1 comment:

Amy said...

You are too cute