7.3.06

Reading Around...

Well, I must say, my reading habits are not what you might say...consistent. In that sense, I do not, by any means, mean I am inconsistent in reading, I actually greatly enjoy reading, which might be part of the problem at hand. Rather, I am more inconsistent with the general area I am reading in, the subject, or the book all together. In other words, I tend to...you could use the term "book hop". Yes, I am a fully diagnosed, considered untreatable book-hopper. Now, if you are not one yourself, tend to be one of those mathematical thinkers that has to hold onto something to the great and glorious end, without falter, without retreat, or have no idea what I am talking about...you may as well deduce that you are not succumbed to this "state of mind." Now whether, in my case, this is attributed to me being from a long line of educators (with more emphasis being on my mum) who cannot exactly decide which book they would like to read first, because "They all look pretty incredible!" Or whether it is just because they are so interested in almost every book, on practically any subject known to the human mind that everything has to be read at once, with equal importance and emphasis (however there are always those that might be considered "more equal than others"), I have almost no idea. Yet, it still might be the fact that I was exposed to an education that put equal importance on every aspect of life, for a person to be a well-rounded individual (something that the modern educational system seems to deem something like a "liberal arts education"). Alas, I am yet at a loss to the sole source and reason for my condition (however I must say that the maternal influence is climbing the charts as an explanation... :) ...So, I have finally decided that there is nothing I can do, no explanation, no cure, and so I am subject to my own faultiness and for the rest of my known existness I must be in a perpetual cycle of at least reading 3-4 (at a minimum) books at a time... So, while this may have absolutely no baring on those of you (if there are any) that read this blog, it may offer some explanation for the future, as well as clarification for the past, when it comes to my, what I consider, blog-worthy material being from seeming a million different directions. All I have to say is, bare with me, consider my condition, and take the information for what it's worth...

So to continue in the tradition, here are a few intriguing quotes found in a book in current study...The book, How To Talk to a Liberal (If You Must), by the beloved (by some) Ann Coulter. She had some very interesting, and humorous, observations.

"...Never flatter a Democrat...Extend an olive branch to Democrats and they'll smack the living daylights out of you with it - while hugging the tree itself, naturally."

"Want to make liberals angry? Defend the United States...My position hasn't changed since the column I wrote the night of 9/11. For reasons I cannot understand, I often asked if I still think we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever!"

So...intriguing thoughts, I must say...Food for thought in a way...highly opinionated food, which will more than likely be very hard to swallow for some, yet, something to provoke our thoughts...which should always be provoked and prodded...contrary to popular belief. :)


No comments: