11.4.06

Departed Yet Present

As we are in the Christian Holy Week, I have been reading a lot. I came across a word from St. Augustine today...

And He departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here.

Amen and amen. By His death, by His love, by His sacrifice, we have come to know Him in an intimate way. May we remember what His love has meant to our lives. He died, not only so we might live, as many people say, but so that we may live in fellowship with Him in our daily lives. What a blessing! What a joy! His fellowship, His community is the most important that I have. If I hvae not Him, I have nothing. As I have been away from home at University, with new faces, new places, a new group of friends, I have basically change worlds. Yet, He has remained constant. While I struggle being away from home, being away from a community of believers that I know and love. He is faithful and true, a steadfast friend.

May we remember the blessing that His sacrifice was and is.

No comments: