15.2.06

GWU Swim Team



So this is the lovely Gardner-Webb girls swim team. The picture came out kind of small, so you can't really see it, but I am on the far left, second in. :) That is our head coach on the right, Coach Simpson, he is a wonderful, godly man. I feel so blessed to be a part of a swim team that is built, from the foundation, on, first of all, God's word, and the belief that we live to glorify God and our giftings are simply an outworking of that. Right now, I am sitting in my hotel room in Landover, Maryland, just out side D.C. We are at out Conference Championships and the meet begins tomorrow. This has been a wonderful swim season, despite the pitfalls, the failures, and the despair, at times, we have had just as many successes, glorious moments, and wonderful times together to outweigh them all. As G.K. Chesterton stated, "New roads; new ruts." Such has been my first year in college swimming, yet I praise the Lord that I have the chance to be able to compete in swimming at the college level and that God has blessed me with such a wonderful team. Though we are not one of the swimming powerhouses of the nation, we don't have a huge budget, we have, quite frankly, a tiny pool, we have a prize that outweighs them all, a relationship with God. So, I ask that you would pray for us this weekend as we head into our meet, I will let you know how it goes.


This is a quote that encouraged me throughout this season.
"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbraking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."
-B.C. Forbes


And, of course, Eric Liddell's words will always ring out true...
"I believe that God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run (swim:) I fell His pleasure."

"I run in God's name, let the world stand back in wonder."

No comments: