11.12.05

Hope and the world hopes with you...

Well, the blogging world has flown by me, while I have been amiss in keeping up to speed. The past few months have been marked by quite a few distractions that have kept me from staying on top of this; however, beginning with this blog, I will renew my regular updating. Anyway, on that note, one overlying theme, looking at hte past four months, is one of hope. As a result, here are some others thoughts on the subject...quotes that have sparked my thoughts the past few weeks...Enjoy!



Hope has two beautiful daughters.
Their names are anger and courage;
anger at the way things are,
and courage to see that they do not remain that way.
- St. Augustine of Hippo


Be careful not to be frightened. Don't be surprised when cannonballs start falling, but stand valiantly as a soldier of Christ, as a practised combatant, as a brave warrior. For this present life here is a battlefield.
Repose will be in that life there.
Here is exile; there is our true homeland.

-Joseph the Hesychast


Hope is the thing with feathers,
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without words,
And never stops at all.
-Emily Dickinson


All human wisdom is summed up in two words: wait and hope.
-Alexandre Dumas


True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings.
-Shakespeare


Dum spiro, spero.
While I breathe, I hope.
-Latin Proverb



No comments: